Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Comedic Inspiration


Yes, believe it or not - Chris Farley is my comedic inspiration.

Why?
Well, because he's a complete physical comedy genious! And physical comedy is my thang! Like the greats: Lucielle Ball, Jim Carrey, Jackie Gleason - Chris Farley had the entire package! He was warm, inviting, familiar, funny, physical, sweaty, daring and perfectly precise with his timing! Unfortunately, due to Chris Farley's untimely death in 1997, I will never have the pleasure of meeting him in person - but in a small way, I feel that I know him - I mean, I feel very close to him because I love what he loved - COMEDY, and the art of making funnies!

I have this comedy performance ritual.......call off work, stay home, sleep, eat and watch Chris Farley till about 3 hours before showtime - then bathe, get gawgeous and with a blank and open mind - get on that stage and try my best to impress and do Chris Farley justice! Because I consider him my mentor - I feel like everytime I get on stage, I must make him proud!

And so Chris Farley, my comedic brother - I say: "Till we meet in heaven! Save me a spot on that stage because when I get to heaven, I plan on joining you and making Jesus laugh till he wets his pants!!!"

May God Bless You and Keep You Close!

No comments:

Post a Comment